Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Book and Christmas

Firstly I want to wish all of my readers a happy and safe holiday season however you celebrate it or don't. I drew this angel from an image I took in Florence when I was there in in October.


 Of course I had to smudge the hand writing but the sentiment speaks a thousand words- and something we all need to remember from time to time- especially at this time of year.

For a short time only my book Musing in Textile- France is on offer at 20% off until Boxing Day night which means this lovely hardback book will be $39.95 plus postage instead of $49.95-  a sample chapter or two can be seen below and email me if you are interested


A furry creature, belonging to one of my daughters has come to spend some time in the shed. His name is Angus. He seems to enjoy it well enough though he was a bit surprised at the size of the garden, the audaciousness of wattle birds, the screechiness of the suplhur crested cockatoos destroying my apples on the apple trees and the heat!


Whilst tidying things into plastic boxes I came across a sentinelle panel which just called to be stitched.It seemed appropriate to end the year with a sentinelle as the sentinelles stitched so beautifully by everyone for the Sentinelle exhibiiton will be heading to their makers in the not too distant future! This sentinelle linocut  was printed over some failed pomegranate print I had made  years ago but I had obviously never got around to stitching her. I think of her as my Demeter Sentinelle and she indeed invokes a sense of mystery . She measures approximately 25 cm  by 50 cm and has been entirely stitched by hand and she is for sale  for $250 plus postage.Email me if you are interested.


No comments: