Friday, August 23, 2013

Stitching

I seem to have been treading water for forever and finally this week I  got to some real stitching on the machine. I had to finish the indienne inspired piece as it has been accepted for exhibition at Botanica at the Red Rock Gallery- photos later. I also wanted to make a piece for the Artis 12 x 12  contemporary art prize, here in Geelong, as they do accept textiles. The piece did have to be mounted on 12 x 12  stretched canvas

It feels good to be in a better frame of mind  to get on with things, as the worry of making ends meet was really getting me down, along with some other factors. To say the last 3 years of living in Geelong have been a struggle is an understatement and then there have been  other issues impacting on it, like  my separated ( but never divorced) parents with health issues as they get older and  partners, and being a single parent. I really thought I would get a job by moving here, but to the world of employment, I must be brain dead and that has been hard to deal with as well, it affects your sense of self worth. So the last month of  invites to exhibit and support for my work has really lifted my spirits.And the sentinelle project is taking off in a way that I dreamt of but never thought would happen- that is largely due to two quilt groups in Palaiseau and  in Geelong, and of course you my readers around the world, so I am so grateful you have embraced the idea.

And then as I was rummaging through a box of  fabrics I found a couple of pomegranate panels I had prepared but never stitched. So I finished them as I don't like to have unfinished things lying around if I can avoid it.These panels are for sale . They are approximately 8 inches x 8 inches ( 20 cm square) with hand dyed fabric and hand printed fabric and machine stitched. the price of each panel inclusive of postage is $50AUS. They are made to fit inside Ikea shadow box frames. . Email me if you are interested in buying one.


SOLD


There is one which is postcard size (5 inches x 7 inches) and its price is $30 inclusive of postage.


4 comments:

Robbie said...

I have one of your pomegranate quilted squares and LOVE it!! It hangs directly in front of my machine! I can see it when I walk in my sewing room and look at it while stitching! Beautiful work!

shirley said...

Your work is stunning and inspiring. Dont let people make you feel you lack what is needed to get a job. Believe in yourself because with your skills and outlook, you would be an asset to any employer.

Jodhpuri suits said...

Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. This is really a great blog

Shelley Whiting said...

Your work is very colorful and playful. Beautiful and lovely work.