Thursday, December 20, 2012

Uncharacteristic

I have been working on a small ivory coloured  silk dupioni Travellers' Blanket sample. Because the colour choice is completely uncharacteristic for me, I decided to work small but  also within the format for a piece for the Voyageart group to which I belong. I had it in the back of my mind that I might make a big version of this for my France book but in the end whilst I do like the over all effect it is too out of character with all the other colourful work I do. I didn't actually like it at all until the last stitch went in and really is a bit emblematic of the way I feel at the moment, so it has been a catharthic process as well- taking distance and taking a deep breath before I plunge into the main game which is getting my France book done!I felt I could only do that when I had cleared the deck of tasks which needed doing, like my book keeping for my business, this little piece and some other things which had been outstanding. It measures 10 inches by 20 inches.



9 comments:

quilter501 said...

Your stitching, as usual, is exquisite. But I too prefer your bright colors. But it is fun to do something different ever so often to reaffirm why we do what we do.....or perhaps to discover something new.

Bodenseefelchen said...

cool :D

Erica Spinks said...

This is gorgeous Dijanne. Very soothing to my eye.

Fiona Wright said...

it is beautiful Dijannne, very elegant

Margaret Cooter said...

The colours may be uncharacteristic, but it all works well and looks gorgeous ... maybe these are colours that you might use more?

Annette said...

Yes it is unlike your normal work in colour, but it (to me) still reads as highly symbolic. Which is like your normal work.
hugs

Lyn Weeks said...

I think the colors are beautiful and look very elegant. Love the piece.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
خدمات منزلية said...

شركة انشاء مسابح بجدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة
شركة تنظيف بجدة
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بجدة