Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Moments of Farewell


I think when I moved to this house at about this time last year i wasn't actually expecting to be moving in less than a months time ( 26 November we fly to France)and that I would be throwing my hat into the wind and setting off for France. So on the upside it is a dream coming true- to test my toes in the sands of France- so there is much to look forward to , but there has also been much to say goodbye and farewell to- things that were dreams of the past.

I don't think I will ever again live in Gellibrand or its surrounds. The bush and the Otways are beautiful, but it is not my place anymore; it's seen the shattering of family, the end of a marriage, and the fear of bushfires.It has been incredibly hard on my children- a harshness from which I had wished to protect them but which I ultimately couldn't and so it's time to move on. It has also been a time of loneliness- there were days where I felt I could not face the world, where I could not work, where I couldn't even find a grain of inpsiration and the rain never seemed to stop- but as with all things ,those things pass too. However I don't think I will ever lose my love for unfurling fern fronds- there is something very primal about them- you both want to cup and hold them and yet the curiousity to see the unfurling fronds delivers constant surprises.

So last weekend was the last time I gave a workshop in Australia for quite some time- I haven't set myself time lines- those will emerge as we settle into a new life. Now the question becomes what will i take??

Is anyone out there flying to Europe from Melbourne in late in November or early December who could help carry the My Place quilts to Europe? I was rather horrified at the cost of shipping them and as they weigh 20 kgs which is all my luggage allowance - and I do need some clothes and things to work with!

And anyone wishing to purchase my 72 Ways not to Stipple or Meander or 72 MORE Ways not to Stipple or Meander I suggsest you do so soon- as I am not sure  when I shall have them available again -  not until at least February next 2010.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

HollyM said...

I have followed your blog a little off and on while at work, but to-night decided to search you up so I could follow at home. I'm unable to make comment s when I'm at work and I wanted to offer my sympathies on your past year and tell how much I like your work. I also just noticed that you have given some courses on line in the past. I'm particularly interested in the transfer print process and the lino prints, so once your settled I hope you'll be offering again.

jude said...

i so wish you all the luck i can imagine for you new journey. it sounds like you need to leave some sorrow behind and start over. i have been there and i am so happy for you. xx

patstudio said...

what an amazing process you are in....and doing it with sensitivity and authenticity. i applaud your creative life and the steps you take to make it more of what you want it to be. my best wishes go to you as you embark on this wonderful, magical, and, yes, scary, adventure.

Anonymous said...

Hi There
I am wanting to order your books. My email is raggedyanne_7@hotmail.com, could you please email me so I can contact you, i cant seem to find your email addy. thanks so much Nicki

Linda Robertus said...

Hi Dijanne, just wanted to wish you save travels and I hope this move will be the beginning of a wonderful new stage in your lives. Veel liefs, Linda

Celia Hart said...

Yours was one of the first artists blogs I stumbled upon and I still like to drop in now and again.

I hope everything goes well for you in the coming weeks - sending you positive thoughts for the start of your new life over on this side of the globe.

All the best
Celia

verobirdie said...

Oh, this post rings a bell: while you are moving to France to settle there, my daughter is flying to Melbourne to spend one year there...
She has left just one month ago (she wanted to travel through Asia before landing in Melbourne) and was allowed 15 kg of luggage. She ended with 14.7kg. And believe me, that was quite a challenge :-)
Good luck for your luggage...
Anyway, welcome to France. Where are you going to live?
All the best from Marseille.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

What a wonderfully positive and perceptive post...... I have followed your blog for many years, and have always enjoyed the read. I hope you continue to blog. Welcome to Europe and I hope you will be able to visit the UK to share your creativitiy. Best Wishes
Maggie

Liz.Blog said...

Great, beautiful Images!

Unknown said...

I would like to wish you well on your next stage of lifes journey.
good luck with everything you do in the future.

Margeeth said...

I hope you will be happy in France.

Sharne Gregory said...

I hope that your move to France goes smoothly, and it is the start of a new chapter for you and your children.

Chris said...

It seems unfair that so many of us have had these dreadful turning points in life, and I'm absolutely confident you will soar like an eagle into the future - so many of us love your work, your perception, your generosity with knowledge - all of this will go with you (not included in the 20kgs!!). Go well, Dijanne and we hope to see you in Australia again one day.

Susan Duffield said...

I wish you all the best on your adventure in France, Dijanne. I do hope you will be able to continue with your blog while there, since I have enjoyed it for many years now.
Thank you for your books and your lino class as well.
Susan D

Arashi said...

your timeless musings , whatever the topic, add so much to many lives. we share in your joys and sorrows and we grow as a resul\. i always find compassion for others no matter uyour owsn plight i hope the dreamtime to come in france brings you and your children peace and the recognition as an artist you so richly deserve. i love the spiral motif created by the unfurling of ferns. it i as universal symbol of both physical and spirtitual growth. may there be light on your path

Clare Wassermann said...

Well good luck with your move - it's very brave. Let me know the details of the course you are doing in Belgium next year - I am interested!